Monday, September 3, 2012
Our Engagement!
Eric proposed December 15, 2011 (my moms birthday). We had been dating a little over 3 years and thought for sure he would propose on Christmas. I didn't necessarily want him to propose on christmas but since he hadn't yet I figured thats what he was waiting for. It was the middle of the week and he were both off on saturday and had plans to do something I can't remember what it was now. So when I got off work on like a Tuesday and he said we were going to eat I was like weird but ok I didn't think anything of it. I went to his house and changed out of my work clothes into a t shirt and jeans. Everything in Austin it pretty casual so i didn't feel the need to "dress up". When he saw what i was wearing he said "you are wearing that? can't you put on a cuter shirt?" Usually he doesn't really care about what I wear but i didn't think anything of it, again. I had like one work dress over there that I could pull off as a semi cute shirt so i threw that on. looking back I wish I wore something different. But anyways so we left and I didn't ask where we were going until we were almost there, we were driving near Barton Creek, probably the nicest neighborhood in Austin. I thought it was kind of weird he was bringing me to a county club to have dinner, like there are so many different places in Austin to eat why would be bring me to Barton Creek Country Club on a tuesday to eat dinner? But proposing never popped in my head. The restaurant was really nice and on the way to it i saw an ice skating rink out side (I had been begging him to bring me ice skating, who knew there was on there? him i guess!) when we passes it i was like OH! do we get to do that? I got a maybe. After we had dinner we proceeded outside to ice skate for a while. Since it was a tuesday there weren't many people there about 7 kids. His original plan was to do it on the rink but right before we stopped more people came and he got nervous i guess. I was ready to go and he kept making me skate more so finally he was like ok we can go, on our way back to his truck he was like hey come over here this way, i figured he wasted to look at the golf course but he was walking toward a covered pavilion with christmas lights all around it. He pulled me in the middle and got down on one knee and proposed! I was shocked I didn't see it coming all night, I had been waiting for him to do this for a while and I thought it would never happen. I couldn't have been happier. I cried when we started walking to the car and when we called all of our family, I couldn't wait to show off my gorgeous Tiffany's ring!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment